Monday, January 11, 2010

God, the suburbs are so depressing.

More things found in the basement.

This poem was originally published in my junior high school's literary publication, where they are legally obligated to publish anything that does not contain curse words. Try not to trip over the typos. I had no idea I was so cynical and oppressed in the sixth grade, but I suppose you have to start somewhere. I'm not exactly sure why I am re-publishing this (I don't expect it to get any more attention this time around), aside from my own personal amusement.

"Why?"
1997


I'm pretty sure I was just upset that I couldn't watch television or eat Twinkies before dinner or something. The whole wrap-up kind of feels like a cop-out, too. By the ending, what have we really learned? The tag-line might as well be "Live, what else are you going to do?" But for now I'll stick with "Why ear?"

No comments: