Thursday, October 23, 2008

Inappropriate Reactions to a Declining Economy

Despite previously doing some writing for a finance company instructing investors how to protect their monetary assets, I'm particularly dense when it comes to actually applying these fundamentals to my life. It's nothing short of a miracle that I haven't gone completely bankrupt by now (thanks, MasterCard!). My brother of course is very skilled in matters of finance, which is why our opinions surrounding the current economic state of our country differ dramatically. Consider some examples:

Josh: So the market just tanked again.
Me: So ... should I return the new boots I just bought?

Josh: I'm being audited.
Me: That's awful! I know how you feel. I gained FOUR POUNDS.
Josh: Did you just hear what I said? About being audited?
Me: Losing weight is hard.

Well it's a good thing that I actually prefer my food to come from cans.

No comments: