Tuesday, April 15, 2008

This is not a Saint Bernard.

Over the years, pigs have made many fabulous contributions to the dinner table. Most notably, as baby back ribs. Or ham, if that's your thing (It should be pretty evident by now that I am not a vegetarian). But that's not all; apparently they also make for some terrific pets, says this guy seen here on a walk through the Boston Common this afternoon. Not that I interviewed him, but I get the feeling you wouldn't own a pig if you couldn't stand pig ownership, what with all the other options pigs have today. This might not have fazed me if I had been in Cambridge, but I am more used to seeing horses or stockbrokers on this side of the Charles. I'm hoping someone else saw this because I didn't manage to get a half-decent picture that revealed that it was actually an enormous pig and not just a leashed dog. I was on my way to meet some ticket scalpers on the other side of the park, and was stopped in my tracks at the sight of this unlikely little fella. My natural instinct was to snap a picture so people would actually believe me, but this is the best I could do with my cell phone as I didn't want to offend the man. I mean I would hate it if I was just trying to enjoy a lovely day by taking my pig out for a walk and strangers stopped to take blurry photos of me. Still, I would trade in like ... five of my neighbors' golden retrievers if we could just get one pig in Charlestown.


Eureka! http://universalhub.com/node/14040

4 comments:

Jonk said...

Looks like a dog to me? Hmm.

Ashley said...

I know! Even the kids I babysit wouldn't believe me when I told them and just generally acted very disinterested.

Brittany said...

hahaha are you serious?! a pig?!?!?! i really wish i was in the boston common to see that..

Anonymous said...

Bobby the Pig is looking for a friend! If anyone knows this pig please contact Bobby on his Facebook page or Instagram, "Bobby the Pig"!