Friday, April 04, 2008

I hadn't realized Boston was actually a suburb of Seattle*

I have spent an estimated 7% of this year's salary on umbrellas. Umbrellas are hopelessly flawed and inadequate devices that are designed to survive through one entire thunderstorm. They also have a tendency to break when you walk into a tree with them. I don't know if I've just started to notice the rain more since I started walking to work, but this winter it has been raining eight days per week. If nature keeps this up I'm going to need a salary increase.


*Upon googling I quickly found that Seattle is by far not the rainiest city in the U.S., contrary to popular opinion. It is the forty-first rainiest city in the nation, but we'll just ignore that little "fact."



Well, no. I hadn't considered using mushroom caps in place of umbrellas.

1 comment:

Fever Dog said...

Which is the rainiest city? I once lived in a city where it rained horizontally.