Monday, March 10, 2008

Next stop: Singapore

Well, technically it's more like next stop: Chicago O'Hare. And then Tokyo. And then maybe Hong Kong or something. But after that, it's next stop: Singapore. In less than a week, I will be en route to a tropical island with a consistent temperature of 85 and relative humidity of 190%. Though I'll be spending all twenty-four hours of St. Patrick's day traveling, in comparison, there aren't that many serious differences from any normal St. Patrick's Day other than my position in the troposphere. I will be squished into a small space with a bunch of people I don't know. Eventually I will have little idea where I actually am. I will have to climb over a bunch of people and wait in line to use the bathroom, which will happen a lot, because to deal with the extensive length of our flight I will probably need to drink. I will probably spill my drink on the guy next to me (turbulence). I will speak much louder than I have to (ears popping at high altitude) There's a small possibility I might develop blood clots (okay, I guess that one's particular to flying). I will finally fall asleep and wake at our destination in a state of confusion.

No comments: