Thursday, February 28, 2008

Just as I suspected.

to: customerservice@bank###.com
subject: Re: News regarding your credit card.


Dear "Bank",

How serious are you about helping me achieve my goals? Because I have a stack of manuscripts and writing that I'd really like to see published someday, and you probably have more influence over publishers, ya know, being this huge bank conglomerate with loads of money. Can we have a talk about this? I'd love to get the ball rolling.

Looking forward to a successful future with you.

Respectfully yours,
Ashley
from: donotreply@bank###.com
subject:
Regarding Your Inquiry and/or Comments

Our computer-automated system cannot process responses containing inquiries or comments.
We would be happy to communicate with you by phone at 1-800-555-5555.
For your convenience, we are available 24 hours a day.

Thank You!
I knew it sounded a little too good to be true. Well, I've always thought it's best to follow up with a phone call anyway.

2 comments:

jiminycricket said...

I think that's actually a cop-out response from some poor customer service guy whose brain just short circuited...

Ashley said...

Probably. I would hate to think he sits there all day typing out that same e-mail to people who respond to donotreply@.com email addresses