Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's 4:30 in the morning, do you know where your mezuzah is?

My roommate's large golden retriever/lab/whatever forcibly entered my room in the middle of the night last night for unknown reasons. Maybe he thought he heard a squirrel in my bedroom, or that he had uncovered where we keep our secret stash of cured ham. Either way he had the good fortune of bounding into my room right when I was in the middle of a dream about being attacked by German Nazis or something, and it wasn't long before I was hiding invisible menorahs and expeditiously consuming all of my Matzo. I know that golden retrievers aren't usually the stuff of nightmares, but at 4 in the morning, anything can manifest itself as the invasion of Poland.

4 comments:

jiminycricket said...

Haha...

You're just lucky your roommate's dog's not a German Shepherd. That would be too freaky.

Ashley said...

Ha! I hadn't thought of that! A bit more menacing that way. I don't think he's part German Shepherd, but we are starting to suspect that he's sort of racist, which is a little unnerving.

I don't know how you found my blog but I'm very happy that I ended up on your sidebar. And now I read yours too because that's a little something called "loyalty." You seem to write a bit more often than I get around to.

Do people notice comments written to them after they've been posted? I hope so, otherwise it's kind of like talking to someone after they've left the room.

jiminycricket said...

I found you through 20somethingbloggers... I'll add you as a friend or something.
Is your dog racist against other dogs, like, he hates poodles? Or is he human-racist, in that he dislikes certain groups of humans?

Big ups for the loyalty... Glad I stumbled across your blog, I get a laugh out of every post.

Ashley said...

Human racist. Which is a weird thought because like, I can't imagine having a dislike particular to porcupines or something, but then again I'm not people-racist either, so what do I know. On the other hand, I haven't really had the opportunity to take the experiment out amongst other kinds of dogs.