- Unexpected weight gain
- Dental problems resulting in blood loss
- Being dumped; or pregnancy
- Emotional instability
- Something called "irrational exuberance"
- Theft, break-ins, burglary and crime
- Scandals of corporate greed and embezzlement (Ashleygate?)
- Misty, clouded perceptions
Friday, February 08, 2008
Happy New Year, or "Outlook Not Good"
I went out to celebrate the Chinese New Year last night with my family. As is customary, we ate seven different kinds of animals, consumed several bottles of wine, and I was sent off with an orange (guess which one is not actually a Chinese tradition). As it is the Year of the Rat and I am a rat myself, I felt a little like it was my birthday. Unfortunately after hearing the Chinese Zodiac predictions, it was like one of those birthdays where your wallet is stolen and you get a parking ticket and conclude the day by going to a funeral. According to my aunt's interpretation of a 2008 report in a Chinese newspaper, I have the following things to look forward to this year: