Thursday, February 07, 2008

America's Got Very Little Talent, If Any

With summer coming up (don't let the snow throw you off), I briefly considered quitting my day job and picking up an evening job like at a Starbucks (coffee: yay!), so I can spend the daytime working on my tan at the pool instead of burning my retinas in front of a computer screen (Yes, you can also harm your eyes from direct sunlight. I knew you were going to say that. That's why I will be wearing these.) I wouldn't just be drinking margaritas, chatting up lifeguards, or reading trashy romance novels like this, though. I plan to spend the time finishing some books I never finished after I stopped commuting to work seven months ago, as well as some new books I recently bought because they were shiny, working on my manuscript, solving the energy crisis, and coming up with a fail-proof plan for accomplishing world peace by next February (it's been on the back-burner for a while). This might seem a little ambitious, but I have all afternoon. The only draw-back to this plan as far as I can tell, is that I won't be able to watch prime-time television because I'll be serving people coffee. Luckily, summer television line-ups are completely terrible.

No comments: