Sunday, February 24, 2008

After careful consideration, I have determined that the shining accomplishment in my life thus far has to be my phenomenal blood pressure. It is the envy of athletes and vegetarians; you could not dream up a more perfect blood pressure. I know this because every doctor who has checked my blood pressure has raved about it. "What a terrific blood pressure! I've never seen anything like it in my career! You must run marathons." No, I don't, and I think it's safe to say that I am going to go through my entire life without ever running in a single marathon. If I could think of an appropriate Guinness Book category for my blood pressure I would submit it for consideration in their records. Of course, I have done very little to influence it, so it is most likely just a result of good genes, but there it is, outshining everyone else's blood pressure 365 days a year.

No comments: