Saturday, November 17, 2007

This is why I should not work from home.

I decided to take this past Saturday to myself to relax and unwind from my stressful Administrative Job. Naturally, I did not manage to accomplish anything from the list of goals and errands I had decided to meet that day (i.e. laundry, clean apartment, lose 5 lbs., face all my fears head-on, etc.). Instead, I did manage to achieve the following:

  • Completely destroy my apartment and bedroom
  • Try on every article of clothing I own, scatter them haphazardly about my room
  • Force myself into jeans from freshman year of college that I have not given up on, wear them for four hours, unable to move, trying to convince myself I am still a size 2
  • Drink approximately 5 cups of coffee and 6 mugs of hot chocolate, each in a separate mug, left sporadically around my apartment
  • Pace around bedroom in one sock, on quest for partner sock, a task I had recently deemed my first priority of the day
  • Not leave my apartment once
Ultimately, the moral that one should take from this instance is that if you want to feel like a success story rather than a failure and a disappointment, all you really must do is alter your goals to something a little more reasonable. Or, I guess what I could take from the realization is that it's probably a good thing that I don't work from home, because when I am left to my own defenses I manage to destroy everything and drink too much coffee.

No comments: