Monday, November 12, 2007

I am writing this post if only to disspell some kind of terrible hiatus rumors.

You are probably aware of the recent writer's strike, and I'd like to let you know that it will not affect this blog. Though it seems I may have gone into hiding for the past few months, let me reassure you that the absence of blog-writing has little to do with a political or economic agenda. I probably just haven't felt like it. So what was I doing? Sponging off my relatives? Going on week-long drinking benders? "Finding myself" on mountain retreats (or in Starbucks coffee houses)? You may find some of these suggestions are actually true.

But what with the disappearance of new episodes of 30 Rock and The Office, people will need somewhere to turn. That is until they remember something we used to call "literature" and "Us Weekly" that people used to preoccupy themselves with before television. Before everyone gets in a tizzy, I will volunteer to be that shepherd, who will lead you out of that desert, and into a different part of the desert, one with a slightly better magazine selection (I have a tendency to get lost, so it is recommended that someone bring a GPS system along. And maybe some sunscreen.)

No comments: