Thursday, October 12, 2006

That's the great thing about working at a hospital - the mental patients.

To the crazy man who said to me on the street, "Well, you look good!" - Thanks, crazy man! It wasn't what he said, but how he said it. Which was like we were engaged in a running conversation about how I look, or like I had been in an effort to get into shape and he was commenting on my positive transformation.

Also, cat-calling has changed these days. There's a lot of construction around where I work, so I have the good fortune of being subject to the rather discerning eye of the construction worker daily (no offense to construction workers - really). But I wouldn't say I got whistled at or anything. More often than not I get reprimanded by workers on scaffolds for not wearing a coat on a cold day. I appreciate their concern for my health, I'm just not used to it. I will try to wear more clothes from now on.

No comments: