Tuesday, March 15, 2005

ficcction

I'm toying with the idea of posting my recent short story, which I will be turning into class on Friday, March 18th to be workshopped, on this website. By making it downloadable from this blog, it will be made more easily available to the masses, which, is really what the masses want. Well, that and a longer-lasting sugarfree gum. A few notes about the short story that may or may not be "published" online (really, in actuality I really am going to "publish" it on the website, but using the word is really more self-gratifying because it is probably the only way my things will ever be "published"):

Regarding short story:

Criticism not welcome, even healthy or low-fat criticism, because I don’t know how to take it* and because I already got hours worth of it from my workshop class. If you simply must criticize my work you may send me your credit card info and I will be happy to provide you with a toll-free telephone number you can voice your opinions to. The information you provide will be recorded and will be personally listened to by the author in small doses over a period of one year.

*I just thought of a fitting analogy to handing a work of fiction in to your classmates to be scrutinized. It's like the beginning of summer, when you're at the beach ... it's been a long winter and you know you've gotten a little soft around the edges - a little embarrassed to be seen in a two-piece, you keep your shorts on for a while, try laying on your stomach....eventually, you get over the embarressment and you realize some people on the beach look even worse than you, maybe you even go for a swim.

No comments: